Read below to learn about
The Parish Picnic
Our trip to the Worthington Resource Center
An opportunity to join the Children’s Choir
The next Youth Group Outing
Parish Picnic this Sunday!
Remember that the Parish Picnic is this Sunday. There will only be one service, at 11:00 AM. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The children will be teaching the rest of the church a song they’ve been working on in Children’s Church. This will happen right at the beginning of the service, so please make sure that you’re on time. When you arrive, please brings your kids to Karl and Sara, so that we can get ready to sing.
- We’ll be drawing with sidewalk chalk and playing on the playground during the picnic. We need some adults to help supervise.
- The nursery will set-up outside, on the west patio, within sight of the village green where we’ll be holding the service.
Materials for Birthday Bags due this Sunday
- Cake Mix
- Birthday Plates
- Party Favors
- Gift Bags.
Trip to Worthington Resource Center on Monday, October 23rd!
KIDS & YOUTH INVITED TO DELIVER BIRTHDAY BAGS – St. John’s kids and youth (and an accompanying parent for kids under 14) are invited to the Worthington Resource Pantry on Monday evening, October 23, to deliver the Birthday Bags and take a tour, maybe even help with some sorting or shelving. Meet at St. John’s, 5:15-6:15 pm for a light supper and reflection on God’s generosity, then carpool to the Pantry for Birthday Bag delivery and weigh-in, 6:30-7:30 pm. Contact Mary Bailey at 614-854-9907 or email@example.com to volunteer or ask questions.
Children’s Choir Forming
A Children’s Choir is forming to sing an anthem during the 9:00 service on December 3. Rehearsals will take place during Children’s Church’s music time on each of the Sundays in November. If you have a child who would like to sing AND your family can commit to be at each of the practices (I understand that some families may travel over Thanksgiving weekend), please let either Karl or Sara know. We can be reached at KarlS@StJohnsWorthington.org, SaraS@StJohnsWorthington.org, or by calling the church office at 614.846.5180.
Youth Group Trip to Breakout Columbus Moved to October 22nd
First, an apology for changing the date. When we set the calendar, we didn’t know that the Parish Picnic would be this Sunday. We hope that the change in plans hasn’t upset anyone’s schedule. Here’s the details:
- We’ll be going to Breakout Columbus to play an escape room game. Breakout Columbus is located at 835 Grandview Ave. You can learn more about it by going to https://breakoutgames.com/columbus/.
- We’ll leave Saint John’s at 1:00 and be back by 3:30.
- Kids who are fourteen or younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Kids who are under eighteen must have a waiver signed by their parent or guardian. Waivers are filled out electronically. Here’s the link: https://www.smartwaiver.com/w/575f06d932a17/web/.
- So this is definitely a trip that you have to RSVP for. Please let Karl know if you or your child can come (firstname.lastname@example.org).